Bunk beds and platform beds require a mattress support, such as a Bunkie Board, which is a thin platform that fits inside the bed frame. Here are some reasons to order Bunkie Boards:
- If you need support with bunk beds.
- If you want a less expensive option than a box spring for bed support.
- If you have a memory foam bed, bunkie boards are designed to handle the weight of heavier foam beds.
- If you have an old box spring, a thin bunkie board can be used in conjunction to add more support.
- If you have an antique iron bed with a high platform, bunkie boards can replace a box spring and lower the profile, making it easier to get in and out of bed.
- If you have a tight space, like a third floor or a basement with a narrow staircase, bunkie boards can fit where box springs cannot.